The UI Toolkit contains a bundle of over 25 geometry plugins for 3ds Max 2012 – 2018. These plugins make it easier for users to create and design user interfaces (UI). Below is a list of the all the plugins and a quick description of what they do. The download includes sample scenes along with all the plugins. Use the plugin features to save and load presets for quick reuse of complex setups for your meshes. You can also create complex animations with the support of almost 100% of the properties being animatable.
– Frame Pro : Create dashed or solid frame mesh with animatable properties.
– Frame : Create simple frame like shapes and adjust thickness and size.
– Arrow : Create custom arrow meshes.
– Checkmark : Create customizable checkmark meshes.
– Cross : Create and customize cross meshes.
– DiscPro : Create complex disc shapes with animatable properties.
– MeshSwap : Switch between meshes on the fly with the control of a spinner.
– NetworkBounce : Create dynamically simulated networks of shapes bouncing around a user-defined area.
– NetworkOrbit : Create dynamically simulated networks of shapes which orbit around the center pivot.
– Annotation : Create dynamically resizable lines where each end of the line is attached to an object in the scene.
– DashedLine : Create simple dashed lines.
– LineGraph : Create animated line graphs with the option to place points along the line as well as animate there position along the path over time.
– PathMarkers : Distributes custom geometry across spline shapes.
– Techline : Create linear lines with user specified angular rotations.
– Techtree : Create a tree of tech lines with the ability to control each segments rotation and length.
– Waypoints : Create mesh lines which pass through any number of specified objects in the scene. Users can also animate the progression of the mesh through the waypoints.
– EQBars : Equalizer bars can be be users to simulate equalizers often seen on soundboards.
– EQLine : Creates a mesh line that can fluctuate vertically based on a wave like motion.
– EQCircle : Creates a circular mesh composed of multiple segments that can be animated over time.
– EQRings : Creates a circular mesh composed of multiple rings and multiple segments that can be randomized and animated.
– GridLines : Create a 2D grid mesh with various parameters to control the thickness and spacing. Users can additionally place points at the intersections of the grid lines.
– GridCircle : Creates a 2D grid mesh in a circular shape.
– GridPoints : Creates a grid of points that can randomized based on texturemaps or user specified values. Optionally users can specify a custom mesh which will be used to distribute along the grid of points.
– DottedSphere : Distribute a custom mesh along and around the surface of a sphere using any number of specified points.
– ProgressCircle : Create a circular progress bar which can made up of blocks or a solid mesh strip.
– Progressbar : Create a linear progress bar mesh composed of blocks or a solid mesh. Properties of this plugin can be animated.
– RadialSegs : Create a radial array of pegs similar to ones seen in speedometers of cars.
– RadialDots : Create a radial array of custom created meshes with various ways to randomize the size and distribution.