Varo is a standalone application where users can place shortcuts to websites, python tools, applications, folders or even images. The power of Varo comes from it’s ability to support a large variety of files.
- Supports python, exe, hyperlinks, urls, images, folders…ect
- Supports launching of multiple files single item.
- Useful for setting environments prior to launching applications. For example. when people who want to install plugins or setup environments for applications like 3ds Max, Maya, Nuke…ect.
- Supports passing arguments to files being executed.
- Users can also launch Python tools directly from the Varo interface giving them the ability to capture logs, and assign icons.
- Items in Varo can optionally be restricted to only show for certain windows users, based on their windows username
- The list of items displayed in Varo is controlled by a single json file that can live locally or on a network
- The json file displaying the items in Varo, is dynamically loaded, so any changes to the json file will update in real time for instance of Varo reading it.
This tool is currently in BETA. Anyone interested in testing it out please leave a comment or email us directly asking to join the Varo beta.
Bellow is an example of the json file used to display items in the interface
"C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 2018/3dsmax.exe"
"name": "3ds Max + Plugins",
"args": "-version 2018"
"path": "C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 2018/3dsmax.exe"